Intro English comp- Ariel Mendez

Hello, my name is Ariel Mendez,

My intended major is undecided for now and my preferred pronouns are he/him. I am excited to continue working on my writing skills and to see how much progress I’ll make from taking this class, my previous school had a low standard when it came to school work and I have many bad habits I need to break. I am anxious about the nights I will spend working on assignments I procrastinated to the last minute. Writing is one of the most crucial aspects to life and being able to fluently convey my feelings and ideas will continuously help me in the future no matter the field I head into. When writing towards someone or a group of people it’s important that you imagine yourself having a conversation with your work, having passion and pride for your writing is what makes a good writer. Writing is a prideful activity and I enjoy sharing my work with others when I believe what I wrote is valuable. The hardest part about writing is the absence of inspiration or writer’s block. There are times when concentrating on my work is too difficult and causes me to become frustrated with the piece I’m working on and at times I’ll start projects but delete the entire piece if the writer’s block is bad enough. While I’m still undecided about my major, I still believe that good English comprehension skills are crucial, and I can always use improvement on them.

Comments ( 3 )

1. Eleonore Maldonado
    Hello Ariel, I agree with you on the value of writing. Sometimes I feel as though my writing isnt good enough or does not meet the criteria of what im suppose to have. However, I am glad that we will be giving feedback to our peers to see how we can make our writing better!
  2. Zayneb Saad
    Hey Ariel, I have the same problem when it comes to procrastination. I can never find the motivation to complete work before it is due, but I'm getting better at being motivated and getting my work done. I also agree with you when it comes to passion in your writing. I always try to feel invested in my writing in some way so that I have an easier time communicating it in writing. Hope you do well in the course!
  3. Rohit Lal
    Hey Ariel, I as well had a low writing standard when I was in school so it did end up creating bad habits within me that I do need to break. As for the writers block, I can not tell you how many times I have been frustrated with my writings, then end up procrastinating and just hand in some subpar essay. I hope you do well in your college career.