Class Introduction-Vilma Gonzales

Greetings, my name is Vilma Gonzales, my intent major is undeclared at the moment but I do want to become an orthodontist, my preferred pronouns  are her/she. After reviewing the syllabus for this class I am very nervous for the amount of writing I will have to do however this will allow me to become better and I will give it my all.

Good qualities of writing comes differently with everyone. Everyone has their own style of writing but no matter what style of writing the main goal is to explain information the reader in a way that is understandable and clear but a bit complex but one has to have a clear purpose inter writing what are they trying to convey, inform or prove to the reader.

The easiest part of writing would be gathering information while the hardest part of writing for me would be the putting the information together and analyzing text and being able to find and use the right writing techniques.I am undeclared but I do plan on becoming an orthodontist and I feel writing will allow me to become closer to my patients.This pandemic has changed how communicate with people and the use of technology is only going to grow from now on blogs can become helpful in the orthodontist field updating clients answering questions and even informing them.Writing will also give me an advantage to market myself efficiently.

Comments ( 3 )

1. Donika Dedushaj
    Vilma, I agree that qualities of writing comes differently with everyone. Everyone is unique in their own way, which would also make their writing unique and different. As this pandemic has taken a major toll on our lives and has changed the way we communicate, good qualities of writing will be useful. I wish you luck in the next 4 years of college!
  2. Aicha Ibrahima
    i agree with you that everyone's style of writing is different but the key to good writing is always the same understandability and clarity
  3. Eliana Espinal
    Hey Vilma! I agree that everyone does have a different way of writing and writing essentially does come different with everyone but like you said, we all have ONE goal! I also agree that something I struggle with is putting together my information and using it in its correct context.