Class Introduction – Dalbert Andujar

Hello Everyone , My name is Dalbert Andujar ( Him, He ) My intended major at Lehman college right now is currently undecided although I am leaning towards Business Administration

After reviewing the syllabus, one thing I am exited about is Improving my writing and text understanding at a collegiate level and expanding vocabulary in my writing. Also I am looking forward to challenging myself on writing pieces and exercises in this class. Lastly i noticed on the syllabus that we would be raising social awareness and that’s what i’m most exited about because it is a topic and form of writing that i am passionate about because of the world we live in today. Something that I am nervous about is sometimes sharing my writing with other classmates just because it may not be the best but i’m looking forward to working on that.

Qualities of a good writer are being able to get to the point in a timely manner in a writing and not drag the piece of writing longer than it has to be. In order to become a good writer you have to be willing to learn and take constructive criticism from your peers and professor. It is important to write well because it can be a way of communication either to inform someone about something or to express yourself , writing has many functions in today’s world. The easiest part of writing for me is finding supportive evidence in a text to support my claim in the writing, its the easiest for me because I’m good at making connections between the text and the prompt. The most difficult part for me when writing is being consistent with body paragraphs after the first couple, the level of writing tends to fall off a little from past criticism. That’s what I feel I have to work on along with expanding my versatility in writing. Writing pieces I would have to write in my intended major ( Business Administration ) would beĀ  Memorandums, reports, proposals, emails, and a variety of other business related written materials are all forms of business writing. Being a effective writer in my field of study can be helpful because it can make reports and memorandums more clear and understanding.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Jaylene Cordero
    I agree with when you said that good writers must be able to take constructive criticism because most times others can point out something in your writing that you may have missed.