Class Introduction – Leanna Waldropt

Hello, my name is Leanna Waldropt (she/her) and I am intended to major in general education.

After reviewing the syllabus I am interested in learning the new technological ways to post my work so my peers can read and I can read my peers as well. I am excited to learn new ways to make my essays and writing skills better. On the downside, I am nervous in writing long page essays because I am not that experienced in doing that. I am happy that all the assignments for the semester is posted and I can work hard to do my essays.

A quality of good writing is to have good gramatical correctness. This is important because you want to make sure all of your sentences and thoughts are gathered together. It is also good to have structure to make all your thoughts organized so the reader can understand it. In order to become a good writer you must review all of your drafts and check for grammatical errors. It is important to make sure your point is made in essays. It is also good to cite evidence and give credit to your cite. It is important to write well because writing is important skill to have on a daily basis. Writing gives us the ability to express ourselves to other people.

The easiest part of writing for me is being able to express myself on a topic that I am really interested in. Also, to find evidence to support my opinion. I mostly do well in writing my outlines to gather all of my thoughts. The hardest part of writing for me is writing many pages of essays. In my experience I have only done that once and it was difficult for me. The part I have to work on is writing multiple pages of essays. Since all the work is posted I believe that if i take my time with each assignment i can work harder to improve that hard skill.

I am currently unsure what I am expected to write for my profession for being a teacher. I believe I might have to write many essays for classes. Being an effective writer will affect my career opportunities by enhancing my communication skills and being able to express myself clearer.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Matthew Rodriguez
    Wow that's amazing, wish you much success in these next 4 years of college. You have a lot of potential to be great! I'll always support you and I always got your back!