Class Introduction – Eleonore Maldonado

Hello there, I am Eleonore Maldonado. I use the pronouns (She/Her), and my intended major at Lehman is Undecided at the moment.

After reviewing the syllabus, One thing I am surely excited about is writing. I have always had a delight to write. And I am determined to learn new things to improve my writing composition. One thing I am unsure and worried about would be the amount of work. I am concerned that I will not pick up on certain topics and sometimes not understand what I may be reading in this course. According to the syllabus, some methods of good writing could be rhetorical knowledge, the ability to critically think,write,and read, organization, time management and detail. For one to be considered to be a good writer they must have precision, process, good punctuation, grammar, spelling, and needs to know how to analyze, edit, and organize their work. It is important to write well for the future. Writing is a word, a world, and a density. Knowing to write well is to be considered a privilege and a advantage for many people and for many different fields.

The easiest part of writing for me is my explanation and a bit of my analyzing. I feel as though I am a good critic and I can analyze and explain evidence well, which is depending my understanding on the topic. The hardest part of writing for me would be the spelling and grammar part. Sometimes it is a bit hard for me to remember how to spell words and write proper sentences.Which is also the same things I need to work on plus organization. As of right now, I do not know what writing would be intended for my undecided major. However, I have been looking into journalism and music. And I believe creative writing ,poetry, and play writes are in my favor. Which I very much enjoy. Being an effective writer can affect my career opportunities but pushing me forward and giving me confidence in my writing, so I can make good writing pieces.