Blog #6

The text that I chose for Essay #3 is the Film “Just Mercy” starring Micheal B Jordan. My thesis : Social Injustice in America has held down the Black community for years. In many instances people are punished in the criminal court system for just being a certain color. There should be a better criminal system that protects colored black people from overly aggressive punishments in the court system.

What I hope to achieve in this essay is to analyze the unfair criminal court system that keeps black people overly oppressed today in America. Key points that i want to address in this essay are how the director Destin Daniel Cretton introduces the Main Character from the movie Bryan Stevenson,( a black man fighting for his people in the court system)  to combat the corrupt systematic racism adding to the importance of the movie toward opening the viewers eyes towards the corruption in our court systems in America. The events that inspired to me to do further research is i always wanted to see this movie but never had the moment to watch it since i found out about it, so i found that this essay would be a perfect moment to watch it and write a analytical research paper on it. I came up with my thesis by watching the trailer of the movie and understanding the gist of the movie in order to make a statement that would allow me to go in depth when writing my paper. I plan to explore the statement in my paper by using plenty of scholarly and popular sources to back up my statement as well as the movie, how the main character goes about combating the systematic racism.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Salimatou Bah
    Your thesis statement sounds interesting. Sounds like your essay is going to be a good read.