Blog #6

The film I’ve decided to focus on throughout my analytical research paper is “Freedom Writers”. Essentially, the film portrays how unique students who attend the same high school share things in common despite the obvious. With the help of their teacher, the students found themselves as a person and created bonds with each other. Though I am a little unclear about what issue exactly I’d like to discuss yet, I know this will be a good option because there are several issues demonstrated in the film. For example, the corrupted education system can be a topic to indulge in or even the poverty and struggles of the students. However, despite either of the two ideas I choose I’d hope to accomplish proving the point that there are several ways to learn besides reading directly out of a textbook. Engaging with students and connecting to them can allow “unteachable” students to engage in class and become “teachable”. Essentially, the point out of that idea is to explore the issues with the education system and its negativity. While also, another option can be to dwell and analyze that though we all appear different from one another and come from different backgrounds, we may share similarities such as struggles and experiences. I’d also like to discuss how lots of times poverty plays a huge role in one’s development. This film inspired my want to further research because in just one film, there were so many ideas illustrated. I hope to explore these ideas in my paper by presenting stereotypes and also connecting it to other events or ideas which correlates.

Comments ( 4 )

1. Calvin Chao
    Having a new education system where it makes unteachable students to be teachable students would be a good change. I like to see how teachers would be able to help students who struggle or in poverty so that the students can grow.
  2. Lianie Vega
    “Freedom Writers” is an interesting movie. I like when teachers don’t give up on their students because they want all their students to succeed.
  3. Dylan Chan
    The topic that you chose to write about is very interesting, especially with me having gone through different types of teachers, some being less connected to their students and just teaching. It's also interesting how this one movie includes so many aspects of the educational system.
  4. Leanna Waldropt
    "Freedom Writers" is a really good movie which does have many topics you can write about. It is very touching that a teacher will go through much lengths to watch her students do well.