Eliana Espinal

Hello, my name is Eliana Espinal (she/her). I am a transfer student here at Lehman and currently my major is undecided though I plan to major in Biology.

As I start a new journey at Lehman I look forward to several things. After reading and reviewing the syllabus I am excited for a few things specifically in this course. I have always enjoyed writing though not all topics grasp my full attention. However, I am excited to write about social and cultural issues. I sometimes enjoy stating and explaining my opinion about certain topics and issues that we may face today. I am also excited to improve my writing skills. I know there is always space for improvements, so I look forward to that as well.

Generally, there are a few common qualities I believe good writers attain. For example, good writers are organized and clear with their writing. The goal is to not perplex the reader and ensure the reader understands the writer. Also, they tend to have powerful and complex vocabulary allowing the writer to develop a detailed and well written work. Good writers also always find a way to keep the reader engaged whether through the hook, style of writing or through the information written in the text. It is important to be able to write well because firstly, life mainly involves being able to express yourself regardless if it is done through writing or verbally. Also because knowing how to write well is essentially a useful skill.

The easiest part I believe writing is for me may be getting words written. As mentioned before, I enjoy writing so I can write and write and write. Once I start writing, it becomes hard to stop. However, in connection to it, it is something hard for me because at times, I write so much I get off track. Also, another hard part for me is getting started at times. When it is time to begin a paper, I tend to get stuck because I do not necessarily know where or how to begin. Lastly, another hard part for me is my vocabulary. It is not as strong as I wish it was. However, those are things I hope to improve through this semester.

In my intended major which I believe as of right now may be Biology, I expect to write a lot about the science of the human body. Also, how certain illnesses or bones of the body affects another part/bone of the body. I believe that Biology will include lots of writing.This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Eleonore Maldonado
    Hello Eliana, I was reading your introduction and I am the same way with writing. It is hard to stop writing when I first begin. I am a very into details and explaining myself the best I can!!
  2. Cordelia Vohnout
    Hi Eliana, I really related to when you said you tend to get stuck when first beginning a paper but you also tend to write and write once you get started. I'm very similar because I often struggle to find a good starting point that will interest readers but once I find it I tend to ramble a little bit.