Class Introductions

Hi! My name is Zayneb Saad. My gender pronouns are she/her/hers, and I intend to major in Media Communication Studies.

I’m excited to create a website to examine the intersection between Black movements and American culture. I enjoy reviewing the history of black oppression and creating my own inferences on the root of black oppressions and the perpetuation of it in modern movements and the media. I’m also excited to listen to the lectures provided by Professor Gersh because it’s a shift in how I usually work in a classroom and allows me to be more active in my education when I choose which information to retain or not. I am nervous about the upcoming research paper because of the extensive work attached to it. I hope that my work comes to a finished and well-crafted end. 

The qualities of good writing include clarity, compassion, smooth progression, and little to no grammatical mistakes. Good writing should have an intended audience and position in order to convey particular ideals without confusion. Effective transitions in the writing would allow for the piece to sound like one big idea and lack any breaks in the understanding of the reader. 

The easiest part of writing for me is providing smooth transitions and a detailed analysis. I want to create work that can be easily read and have all of my ideas articulated correctly. 

The hardest part of writing for me can be not rewriting points that I have previously made if my paper ends up being on the longer side. I have to recheck my work in order to see that each section is its own original, unique idea. If I repeat myself too many times then readers could get bored of my writing and check out too early. 

At this moment I don’t know what my intended career field will be but based on my intended major, I believe I will create lots of non-fiction pieces and literature reviews. Being an effective writer will have people invested in my ideas and spread ideals to a larger audience. 

Comments ( 2 )

1. Miryam Juarez
    Being repetitive is also a weakness of mine but I would like to mention that the website sounds great, I would honestly love to know more about it and when you plan to launch it.
    • Zayneb Saad
      I saw on the syllabus that we will plan on creating a website so hopefully when the time comes it will be available to the class.