Class Introduction

Posted by Edina on

Hello my name is Edina Alibasic (she/her), and I plan on majoring in Education/Early Childhood.

In this course I’m excited to learn how to compose well written essay’s. I believe that there is always room for improvements and I can’t wait to learn new writing methods. Although I look forward to learning about new writing methods, I definitely feel anxious about writing essays. I always have trouble developing my sentences and making sure there smooth. I’m also terrible at grammar.  This is definitely a challenge I want to overcome and hopefully through this course I can.

The qualities for good writing, are patience and expressing ideas clearly. Having patience is key, because you can’t expect to write an essay or a short story in a hour. In order to write a well developed piece, you need time and patience. You also need to know how to express your ideas clearly. Your audience need to be able to understand what you’re trying to say through your writing piece. therefore I believe in order to be a good writer you have to know how to express your idea’s clearly and how to catch the audience attention. Writing will always be a part of your life, so it’s important to know how to write.

Something that I thrive in writing, is developing my body paragraphs. Once I have my introduction and thesis statement, developing the body paragraphs is very simple, because I already know what I have to write about. That’s why it’s very important  for my introduction to be clear and simple, so when it come’s to writing my body paragraphs I know what I must include and talk about.

The challenging part of writing for me is developing an introduction. I never know I how to start my sentences and it takes me a while to finally have something I like. I want to work on catching the audiences attention and knowing how to develop good clear sentences. This is important in order to be a good writer. Through this course I hope to overcome my challenges and become the best writer I can.

Since I’m majoring in Education/Early Childhood, I’m expected to know how to write essays. In order for me to teach my students how to write a good essay, I will need to know how to write one myself. Being an effective writer can show that I’m intellectual and I know how to communicate. This is very important, especially since I want to be a teacher.

Comments ( 2 )

1. Calvin Chao
    I also have trouble when writing essays because of grammar and making sure that sounds smooth. But as we continue to learn about essay writing we can become better at it.
  2. Kiana Joyner
    I agree with you, I find writing an introduction is a bit of a nuisance. I sometimes already know what I want to write but can seem to find the right words to begin.