Blog #6

The text I will be writing about in my analytical research paper is the Disney princess animated movie “Mulan.” The movie has a lot to talk about such as culture filtration and gender roles. Mulan is young sixteen-year-old Chinese girl who is forced into a Chinese culture she does not want to participate in. She was going to be forced into an arranged marriage, but that is not what she wanted or how she wanted to live. She has to stay home during the war but she wants to help out in any way she wants to. Once she heard her ill father might become drafted into the war, she knew she had to do something to save him. She disguised herself as a man and trained with her fellow recruits and learned how ton fight. to fight. Unlike a lot of Disney princess movies, she does not need a man or a prince charming to save the day. She is independent, fierce and a warrior to handle situations on her own. She chooses to fight in what she believes in. She is an example for many girls to be brave, take risks, and never let anyone bring you down. Mulan was such a role model that she got the men in her village to change their perspective towards women. Speaking about this topic is important to me because I believe that all women no matter their race or culture should be the same as men. Men and women should be treated equally and receive the same opportunities and privileges.