Blog #6

The text that I will be using for Essay #3 is Parasite. My thesis: The economy has developed a large gap between the rich and the poor, preventing the poor from being able to move up the social ladder.

What I hope to accomplish in writing this essay is to analyze the wealth gap, showing how widened it has become, not only in just South Korea where the movie takes place, but in America as well, where we often see the struggle for many to obtain a sort of wealth. Another thing I would like to address is how the rich are born rich and the poor are born poor, which I thought was pretty interesting to hear about from the film and having seen poverty being one of the biggest issues that many face in America and throughout the world. I personally never watched the film and have always heard of it from people online, my family, and my friends, so I took this essay as an opportunity to finally get around to watching this movie, seeing what people were raving about a year ago when it came out. As for the thesis, I was able to come up with it through the pieces of information that my brother was talking about when I asked him to give me a general summary of the movie. I plan to explore this further more by looking up the economical problems that South Korea is possibly facing and comparing its social-economical environment to other countries.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Vilma Gonzales
    for a second i thought you meant the anime, i havent watched the movie but it sounds very interesting cant wait to read your essay