Blog #6

The text that I choose to talk about is the movie “Grave of the Fireflies.” Thesis Statement: A teenager is faced with the difficult task of having to take care of his sister after his mother dies and he is taken from his family and home by a bomb (based on ww2).

What I hope to address in this essay is the people affected by the Second World War, just like the protagonists of the film, many families were affected by this fact, making the story of the film not very far from the reality that happened after the Second World War. There were not only losses in Japan where the film is set but in countries like Belgium, Germany, and Yugoslavia. The desire for future research may have been inspired by people who lost family members during the war. The thesis came to me after thinking about a topic to talk about, at first I had no idea what I could talk about, but later my friends remembered this movie and I had the idea to talk about this topic, this is important because People know that many lives were lost in the Second World War but they do not know how this affected people, they only know the numbers as simple numbers and not as families that were separated or lost. I intend to search for information on the people affected by the Second World War in reliable articles on the internet and web pages that have the truth.