Blog 4

Posted by Edina on

Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy Addresses are both similar. In Lincoln’s address, he mentions how we should come together and honor the Union Soldiers for sacrificing their lives in the Civil War. The Gettysburg Address, states, “It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.”. Lincoln wants people to improve the nation and fight for what is right. In Kennedy’s address, he talks about how people need to come together to help others and become a peaceful and powerful nation. For example, “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country”. We can see that Kennedy believes that for us to become an exceeding nation, we as people need to help others and fight for our rights. We can see how Lincoln and Kennedy both believe that The United States’ major issue is, the nation isn’t strong enough. They express that to become a powerful nation and honor those who fought for this country, we need to come together and help one another.

In my opinion, the United States has still not solved these issues. Many people continue to experience discrimination and racism towards there skin color. Instead of the Country becoming united, we are divided and fighting each other. John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln wanted people to help one another. For our nation to unite, we need to educate ourselves. We need to learn how we can help others and make them feel included. How we can all come together and make our country powerful and peaceful.

Comments ( 5 )

1. Jennifer Alcantara
    I agree both presidents major issue was that the nation wasn't strong enough, and that was because the American did not see each other as one. They, as people, needed to come together.
  2. Cordelia Vohnout
    I agree that in order to become united we must learn how we can help others.
  3. Christiana Addy
    I agree that in order for us to become better, we have to educate ourselves. This can also help us with understanding the other side and digress from losing more lives on both sides as well.
  4. Yesmely Medina
    I agree with you when you explain why people need to be well educated about the topic because in a few of my experiences not everyone is well informed about some of the challenges people of color face.
  5. Lianie Vega
    I agree that both wanted everyone in the nation to come together to help improve the nation.