Blog #6

I’m going to be using a youtube video called, ” I Just Sued The School System,” by Prince Ea. Thesis: After school being around for so long, the flaws of the school system have appeared to do more harm than good to students, especially today.

My goal for this essay is to address the flaws of the school system and how it affects students. I want to address how a teacher teaching the same thing the same way to multiple students can have a negative impact. I also want to address how important the job of a teacher is and how they’re not appreciated the way they should. I was inspired to do this topic because growing up, school came relatively easy for me. However, after I missed school for half a year after I fractured my leg and had to get surgery, I came back and everything was different. Trying to keep up in school became very difficult for me. No matter how much a teacher would try to explain to me stuff, it was still hard to understand. While some of my teachers tried to explain things to me to get me to understand, I had some teachers that kept going by the books and trying to show me the same way over and over again. I found this youtube video during my sophomore year and I instantly understood and resonated with the message of how all students are different, but the system is the same for every person. This thesis is important because I feel like I’m not the only one that’s gone through this and I feel like the school system does more harm than good. I plan on doing more research on how the school system has affected students both mentally and how it shaped their futures.

Comment ( 1 )

1. Andrew Polanco
    Addressing the school system seems like a great idea. I'm curious to know what particular school system you are referring to. Is it the New York Department of Education? You should probably talk about a specific one and stick to it. Also, are you going to be talking about foreign students or citizens? Lastly, are you going to share your experiences with school in your essay. I believe you should as you said that you shared a similar past with schools. It can strengthen what you are trying to say in your essay.