Class Introduction – Ranniel Peña

Hello Everyone , My name is Ranniel Peña (Him, He), My Intended major at Lehman is undecided at the moment

After reviewing the syllabus, one thing I am excited is to improve my writing and reading level at a professional level and have the same understanding as in my native language, one thing I am nervous about this course is not being at the level of my other classmates and not perform well. The qualities of good writing is having a good understanding of the language and words, also have a good spelling so others can understand it. In order to be a good writer, you must have a good command of the language to avoid spelling mistakes, in addition having the imagination to create a work. It is important to be able to write well because the basis of writing is the spelling of the language, if a writer has bad spelling no one will be able to understand what he is talking about, then his writing will not be able to communicate the message he is trying to send.

The easiest part of writing for me is to think about what I am going to write and how I am going to do it so that it is well understood, the hardest part of writing for me is maintaining control in writing, I mean not losing context and staying on topic without deviating. I need to work on my grammar and understanding of the language to be able to use a large vocabulary while writing. I am thinking of going to a computer science field as computer science so I need a high understanding of the language because it requires being able to program correctly.